Monday, February 20, 2006

Ancora Imparo: Another Learning Experience

I love this Italian phrase attributed to Michelangelo. I mean, how great is it that toward the end of his life, one of the world's most brilliant artists would say, "I am still learning"?

So there I was on the plane yesterday, thumbing through SkyMall magazine, when I came across a plaque with those very words for sale! The ad copy: "Made in a small studio in Ireland, plaque is hand-cast in resin covered in a layer of bronze. Arrives ready to hang." And all for the low, low price of just $79.95!

I have an even better idea: type these words into your computer, make them your screensaver, then send me $59.95. You just saved $20! Learn something new every day, eh?

1 Comments:

Blogger Martha said...

Hee. Yeah, have you ever bought anything from them? I have to admit I've been tempted by the fake but oh-so-realistic-looking rock for hiding your housekey. Although I wish they'd make a clap-and-beep set of reading glasses that I could find with ease!

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home