Friday, February 29, 2008

Thinking Inside the Box


Greetings from American Crossword Puzzle Tournament in New York City, where Grant and I will be presenting awards after the finals this year. We're having a fine old time, as is everyone else here. And after trying a few brain-busting puzzles this evening, I have a world of respect for what these die-hard cruciverbalists manage to accomplish!

Here we are with New York Times crossword puzzle editor and NPR Puzzlemaster Will Shortz. (Note how puzzled I look already.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Irene Grumman said...

Go, Grant and Martha! Next year I hope I can attend the tournament. Lots of energy and inspiration and bad puns, huh?

3:27 PM  
Blogger Martha said...

You betcha, Irene. We had a blast, and are already hoping to attend next year. It's an extremely well-organized gathering (but then, they've been at this for three decades!)

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home