Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Gallery of Regrettable Punctuation

I've always gotten a chuckle out of James Lileks' "Gallery of Regrettable Food." I mean, you have to love the commentary on the abominations you'll find in things like the Cookin' with Dr. Pepper cookbook.

Inspired by this gallery, then, I hereby present The Official "A Way with Words" Gallery of Regrettable Punctuation, and invite you to add your own findings.

I'll start us off. So, I'm having a lovely time in New York City recently, and I'm looking for a place to have dinner near Times Square. I happen upon the Marriott Marquis, when what to my wondering eyes doth appear, but this appetite-killer:


Taking it's cues? "It's cues"????

Pass me the Maalox, please!

1 Comments:

Blogger Derrick said...

Martha,

Check out the "Grammar Girl" Flickr pool, where people send in regrettable punctuation in the wild.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/grammargirl/pool/

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home