Saturday, August 18, 2007

Who Says Etymology Isn't Sexy?

All right, I realize that I may crash the server with so much babeliciousness in just one blog entry, but I've been meaning to post this shot of tennis star Maria Sharapova and me from the Acura Tennis Classic a couple of weeks ago.

Here she is asking me about a word origin, and I'm giving her a few pointers to fine-tune her serve -- which may be why she won the tournament.

(Okay, so she didn't need my help. But I had you going for a second there, didn't I?) She was also kind enough to auction off one of her rackets for several thousand dollars while I was emceeing the tournament's fundraiser to fight breast cancer, so good on her for that, too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll never catch me saying that etymology isn't sexy, but then again read books, so perhaps I have a vested interest.

Cute picture, Martha, full of sultry, but why did you let her stand on a box and appear taller than you?

8:07 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

She's not standing on a box -- I'm standing in a sinkhole.

Thanks for that link to the USAToday piece, Mark. I missed that (and am gobsmacked, although I suppose I shouldn't be!)

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home