Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Happy Birthday to Su!

Wouldn't you know it? It's the first birthday of that adorable bundle of piebald cuteness, Su Lin, and where am I? Thousands of miles from San Diego (in the very city where, incidentally, the "Happy Birthday" song was composed by sisters Patty and Mildred Hill in 1893, but I digress). Feh.

Anyway, if still you haven't gotten your melanoleucine fix for the day, amble on over to Pandafix.com for more pix of the birthday girl. (I know, I know, I'm obsessed. But it keeps me off the streets, right?)

7 Comments:

Blogger Martha said...

And Spanish, too. I THINK it's that the tune is sort of the musical equivalent of the expression "OK," which found its way around the world relatively quickly.

If I'm recalling Louisville lore correctly, the song was originally "Good Morning to You" or something like that, and later the lyrics were changed.

So, you went to Su Lin's bday party and sang it yourself, yes????

4:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm astonished and dismayed that a song first written in 1893 still has copyright protection today! There's a very interesting discussion of related issues at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Birthday_to_You

.

5:28 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

Well, Sunbelt, when she turns 2 next August 2, I'll be helping to organize the human shields to keep her in SD. Will you lock arms along with us??

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martha said:

"But [my panda obsession] keeps me off the streets, right?"

-----------------------------

Do we know this for a fact?

1:30 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

Well, daz, you've never seen me on the streets with a panda, have you?

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martha, you got me there!

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home